WFDEN Series waterflow detectors consist of a rugged, IP56-rated enclosure that is more damage resistant than previous metal designs. The waterflow detector is designed for both indoor and outdoor use, with the widest available temperature range, from 0°C to 68°C (32°F to 55°F).
Models are equipped with tamper-resistant cover screws to prevent unauthorized entry. Inside, two sets of SPDT (Form C) synchronized switches are enclosed in a durable terminal block with new layout designed to make wiring easy with wire ready terminals, COM terminals are on a different elevation, large barrier between switches and easy to read raised textured lettering all make wiring easy. An optional cover tamper switch is available, securely snaps into place, no tools required.
The WFDEN series incorporates a mechanical time delay feature, which minimizes the risk of false alarm due to pressure surges or air trapped in the fire sprinkler system. The larger and easy to turn timer dial makes setting the waterfl ow detector easy with high contrast pad printed markings and three tabs to help with turning.
The WFDEN series is designed for accuracy and repeatability. The detector also offers improved performance during vibration in riser applications where detectors are exposed to a large in rush of water.
- Compliant with Construction Products Regulation
- New directional cover allows installers and inspectors to easily see the direction of flow.
- European models are IP56 rated
- New cover provides a better seal, is lighter weight, not painted and corrosion resistant.
- Sealed retard mechanism immune to dust and other contaminants
- Less exposed metal reduces shock hazard, plastic cover acts as insulator and is resistant to arcing.
- Visual switch activation
- Audible switch activation (73 dBA)
- Field-replaceable timer/switch assembly.
- Accommodates up to 12 AWG wire
- 100 percent synchronization activates both alarm panel and local bell or horn strobe.
- Tamper-resistant cover screws
- Improved water sealing
- Reduced product weight
- Wire-ready terminals
- Improved wiring with new terminal block layout
- Snap-in optional cover tamper switch
- Timer repeatability
- Dial accuracy